Accelerating growth for Hawai'i products.
Mana Up's accelerator is a 12-week intensive program designed to uncover high-impact sales opportunities, tackle production challenges, and develop executive leadership. The program includes workshops, connections to a network of advisers, help in crafting an attractive narrative for expansion, and access to distribution channels through partners and digital platforms.
Applications for our second cohort are now open! You can apply here.
The criteria for application includes:
- Hawaiʻi-based founder and company
- Retail, beauty or value-added food product
- Owner has full-time commitment to company
- Elevates Hawaiʻi or Hawaiʻi brand through authentic connection, resource or store
- Quality of product and potential for international expansion
- Prefer companies who have $100,000+ in annual revenue currently
Kamehameha Schools will select two of the ten companies that join each cohort.
Our team brings a wealth of experience to help companies grow and we’re excited to dive deep into supporting each and every company that joins our program. The 12-week accelerator will provide the following benefits:
- Weekly workshops
- Weekly check-ins
- Matches to industry-expert mentors based on business needs and stage
- Support on branding and narrative
- Access to discounted services and resources (for example: production of marketing, video, photography, and design content)
- Access to distribution and funding partners
- Special programs such as fellows opportunity to work with King’s Hawaiian and National Hawaiʻi Foods Week
- Invitation to sell products on Mana Up e-commerce channels
- Invitations to events and meetings to showcase product
- Alumni support (monthly check-ins and continuing resources and connections after graduation)
- Presentation of product at Mana Up’s Showcase, our event at the end of each cohort to present products to buyers, distributors, and other potential partners for companies.
Showcase and Marketplace:
Each cohort ends with a Showcase to an audience of over 500 people, including international buyers, partners, distributors, and customers. Each company presents to the audience for 3 minutes, followed by a marketplace where attendees can buy products.
There is no cost to join our accelerator program. We ask that the committed companies give Mana Up the right to distribute their product on our e-commerce channels (non-exclusive).
We require that all companies who join our accelerator program attend all workshops and check-ins. Each week will consist of one workshop and one 30-minute check-in. Workshops will take place Wednesday afternoons and must be attended in person. Check-ins will be scheduled individually with each company and may be attended virtually.