Lauren serves as a Research Chef / Food Scientist and a lecturer at Kapi’olani Community College.
She also works as a consultant to food businesses (local and national) on product development, ingredient formulation, food safety, competitor market analysis, shelf-life, troubleshooting, and commercialization.
From 2009 – 2012, Lauren worked as a Food Scientist for Frito Lay.
Certifications and Training:
- Certified Culinary Scientist, Research Chefs Association
- Lead Instructor-FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Foods (for FSMA)
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- PSA Trainer, Produce Safety Alliance(PSA)
- ServSafe Certified Instructor, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation